Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Support for Firefox Hello #4658

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 2, 2014 · 5 comments
Closed

Support for Firefox Hello #4658

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 2, 2014 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by netblue on 2014-12-02 20:19
Hi all, firefox 34 has a exciting new and very handy feature called Firefox Hello, which is a new real-time communication feature of Firefox using WebRTC. It enables you to communicate with friends, family and colleagues using the browser and nothing else.
What you may find interesting about it is that it does not require the creation of an account to communicate with other users. You have to exchange a link then. Users who don't mind the creation can creat a firefox acount.
It wood be great if nvda could make use of this feature.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-12-02 23:29
Can you explain what issues you actually encountered with it? For the most part, any accessibility issues are best fixed by Mozilla unless there's a specific deficiency in NVDA that's preventing it from working. Regardless of who needs to fix it, we need thorough, specific details to have any chance of doing anything.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by netblue (in reply to comment 1) on 2014-12-03 18:47
Replying to jteh:

Can you explain what issues you actually encountered with it? For the most part, any accessibility issues are best fixed by Mozilla unless there's a specific deficiency in NVDA that's preventing it from working. Regardless of who needs to fix it, we need thorough, specific details to have any chance of doing anything.

The problem is that there is no way I can fine the controls with NVDA, but the feature is there and I can only use it with the aid of a sighted person. I also noticed that the quick social buttons that Firefox incorporates cannot be read with NVDA. I do not know if it is a related issue.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by MarcoZehe on 2014-12-03 19:51
There is one specific bug I filed which is that there is no menu or keyboard shortcut equivalent to starting Hello. There is Bug 1106932 to deal with that. However, you can get to the Hello button with NVDA's object navigation now by walking the children of the Navigation tool bar and pressing NVDA#Enter on the Hello button. It will open a pane you can get to with F6 that has all the controls which are accessible.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

According to https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/hello-status, Hello has been discontinued since Firefox 49. Time to close? @ehollig

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 19, 2017

Closing because Support for Hello was discontinued in Firefox 49 and the latest version is Firefox 55.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants