Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA repeats File Name thrice in Save As dialogs #4670

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 5, 2014 · 8 comments
Closed

NVDA repeats File Name thrice in Save As dialogs #4670

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 5, 2014 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by bhavyashah on 2014-12-05 12:06
Hi,
Steps to reproduce
Open MS Word 2007.
Type something (probably optional).
Hit F12, and listen.
Expected: NVDA would read the field gaining focus once, and behave normally.
Actual: NVDA says file name thrice or multiple times.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-12-06 01:57
Out of interest, do you see this in other save as dialogs?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by bhavyashah on 2014-12-06 10:16
Oh yes, you are right.
This same issue occurs with the Firefox and Notepad Save As dialogs.
Perhaps, the component of the ticket should be changed to something else then?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2014-12-06 10:20
Just realised you mean the label, not the value/content of the field. Yes, this is not specific to Word/Office.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by bhavyashah (in reply to comment 3) on 2014-12-06 11:18
Replying to jteh:

Just realised you mean the label, not the value/content of the field. Yes, this is not specific to Word/Office.

Yes to both, and some more comments.
Also, at least in MS Word 2007 and Notepad (I'm using Windows 7), along with the File Name repetition announcement, Document Library is also said twice. This doesn't require a separate ticket right?
Thanks

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by nvdakor on 2014-12-06 19:47
Hi,
Confirmed in Windows 8.1 with Office 2013. The "save as" dialog has a weird parent-child relationship between objects, specifically when moving from file name label to the parent window, I land on the combo box again, which explains this behavior. Thanks.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 28, 2017

I can confirm this on Windows 10 with Office 2016 as well as any other save as dialogs like in Notepad. This is slightly annoying, but it does not break functionality.

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Jul 29, 2017 via email

@ehollig ehollig changed the title when F12 is pressed in Microsoft Word 2007, NVDA repeats File Name (which the field that gets the default focus in the dialog) thrice NVDA repeats File Name thrice in Save As dialogs Aug 22, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

This is not reproducible anymore with NVDA Version: alpha-20097,6a573cd9. Tested in MS Word 2007, 2010 and 365 as well as in Notepad. Closing as works for me.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants