Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

I can't navigate the youtube web site on windows 8.1 and windows 7 #4671

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 5, 2014 · 7 comments
Closed
Assignees
Labels
bug close/worksforme feature/browse-mode p3 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by fatih on 2014-12-05 22:56
hi,
since I don't have the windwos 8.1 computer with me at the moment, I can't provide a log file now but whenever I go to the youtube site and load a video, I try to navigate the webpage and it makes an error sound. When I navigate the page with quick keys such as b and h, it says the heading or the button name and it makes an error sound. When I try to focus on or activate a button, nothing happens and it makes an error sound.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Brendon22 on 2014-12-05 23:31
Hello,

I can't do this ither. IE 11 Win 7 64-Bit. I get the NVDA error sound when I use the arrow keys and when moving through the page by headings and other Methods. This page is unusable with NVDA at this point in time.

Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2014-12-06 02:57
Confirmed.

Technical: Looks like more weirdness when trying to get a node by id. Traceback:

IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:54:30):
Input: kb(desktop):downArrow
ERROR - scriptHandler.executeScript (12:54:30):
error executing script: <bound method MSHTML.script_moveByLine_forward of <virtualBuffers.MSHTML.MSHTML object at 0x04D72710>> with gesture u'down arrow'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scriptHandler.py", line 176, in executeScript
    script(gesture)
  File "cursorManager.py", line 191, in script_moveByLine_forward
    self._caretMovementScriptHelper(gesture,textInfos.UNIT_LINE,1)
  File "cursorManager.py", line 122, in _caretMovementScriptHelper
    self.selection=info
  File "virtualBuffers\__init__.py", line 624, in _set_selection
    focusObj=info.focusableNVDAObjectAtStart
  File "baseObject.py", line 21, in __get__
    return self.fget(instance)
  File "virtualBuffers\__init__.py", line 367, in _get_focusableNVDAObjectAtStart
    return self.obj.getNVDAObjectFromIdentifier(*item.vbufFieldIdentifier)
  File "virtualBuffers\MSHTML.py", line 217, in getNVDAObjectFromIdentifier
    HTMLNode=NVDAObjects.IAccessible.MSHTML.locateHTMLElementByID(self.rootNVDAObject.HTMLNode.document,'ms__id%d'%ID)
  File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\MSHTML.py", line 153, in locateHTMLElementByID
    for frame in frames:
  File "C:\Users\jamie\src\nvda\miscDeps\python\comtypes\client\lazybind.py", line 231, in __iter__
    0)
  File "C:\Users\jamie\src\nvda\miscDeps\python\comtypes\automation.py", line 664, in _invoke
    dp, var, None, argerr)
COMError: (-2147352573, 'Member not found.', (None, None, None, 0, None))

Marking as major since Youtube is a commonly used site and this makes it pretty much unusable in IE. This seems to work in NVDA 2014.3, so it's not a recent NVDA regression.

Mick, do you mind looking into this one since you know more about that code?

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

Can't reproduce anymore. @michaelDCurran is this still valid?

@feerrenrut feerrenrut added the p3 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority label Dec 28, 2016
@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

Assigned priority 2 to investigate if this issue is still valid. Hopefully we can close it.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

CC @jcsteh

@bhavyashah
Copy link

Any success in reproducing this issue? @feerrenrut @LeonarddeR @jcsteh @derekriemer

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Oct 5, 2018

As this issue looks pretty abandoned, I tried to reproduce in IE 11. Here are the steps I took:

1. Open www.youtube.com in Internet Explorer.
  2. Open any video on the page, the first one should work.
  3. Try navigating to the next heading using H or B for the next button.
  4. Try activating one of the buttons to pause or mute the volume by pressing space or enter.
    Expected and actual result: No error sound.

I am going to close this issue. Please reopen if this is still an issue.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
bug close/worksforme feature/browse-mode p3 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

7 participants