Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Crash when starting Windows #4681

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 10, 2014 · 8 comments
Closed

Crash when starting Windows #4681

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 10, 2014 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by norrumar on 2014-12-10 10:27
Sometimes I can't start Windows normally, as NVDA crashes and doesn't read at all.
If I press the Power button and try to start again, the computer starts Windows in Sequre mode, or a menu appears to choose how to start the system.
I don't see useful information in NVDA's log files.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by norrumar on 2014-12-10 10:37
Sorry, I have a crash dump file, but can't attach it since it's empty.
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2014-12-10 12:10
Do you by any chance have a Handy Tech braille display?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by norrumar (in reply to comment 2) on 2014-12-10 15:23
Replying to jteh:

Do you by any chance have a Handy Tech braille display?

No, I have an Ecobraille display with an add-on.
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2014-12-11 00:27
How often does this occur? Are you able to reproduce it with all add-ons (including the braille display driver) disabled? I suspect a crash in an external dll.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by norrumar (in reply to comment 4) on 2014-12-11 05:34
Replying to jteh:

How often does this occur? Are you able to reproduce it with all add-ons (including the braille display driver) disabled? I suspect a crash in an external dll.

It doesn't occur very often. Perhaps once a month.
I don't have Ecobraille at home and this crash is not ocurring without Ecobraille add-on, though I don't know what's the matter.
Here I have a forgoten crass dump generated at home, without Ecobraille display, and I think without the corresponding add-on too.
Perhaps you can compare what you are suspecting with this other minidump produced in a different situation, since the cause could be the same (or not).

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

nvaccessAuto commented Dec 11, 2014

Attachment nvda_crash.dmp added by norrumar on 2014-12-11 05:36
Description:
Crash dump without Ecobraille
Update:
File added from Trac
nvda_crash.zip

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Nov 26, 2017

Has anyone experienced this in the past 3 years? As we are no longer able to contact the original poster of this issue, I am leaning toward a close here, unless the dmp file might provide some useful information in some underlining NVDA issue. Input from others would be appreciated.

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

I had a quick look at this dump file, it didn't generate any leads. I'm going to close this issue. If anyone can provide more information, I would be happy to reopen.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants