Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Ability to warn the user about common errors in text that are difficult to detect for a screen reader user #4684

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 11, 2014 · 11 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Diego on 2014-12-11 15:54
hello developers!
I would like to suggest a feature similar to JAWS text analiser.
is a feature that allows warn us that there are many spaces, inverted capital letters, lack of capital at the beginning of sentences, punctuation, parentheses
and inverted quotes, etc
Blocking #4989

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-12-11 23:10
Changes:
Changed title from "editing feature for NVDA" to "Ability to warn the user about common errors in text that are difficult to detect for a screen reader user"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Diego on 2014-12-12 15:20
will be the feature can be implemented in NVDA?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

At least as it seems best to me, this feature should be demonstrated and tested for some time as an add-on package and later be incorporated into core. This is a gentle ping to add-on developers to consider taking up this challenge if and when time, priorities and circumstance permits...

@ruifontes
Copy link
Contributor

ruifontes commented Aug 18, 2017 via email

@zstanecic
Copy link
Contributor

zstanecic commented Aug 18, 2017 via email

@ruifontes
Copy link
Contributor

ruifontes commented Aug 18, 2017 via email

@zstanecic
Copy link
Contributor

zstanecic commented Aug 18, 2017 via email

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Even if it would exist, I doubt that it will work in every text editor. Maybe for MS Word it would be possible but actually MS Word has already functions to warn you in those cases.
Maybe @paulber007 has further suggestions.
cc: @michaelDCurran

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Honestly, I'd rather see functionality that allows you to jump two formatting differences with quick navigation keys. I.e.

• Bold text
  • Italic text
  • Font size
  • An option to jump to the next difference in font attributes

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@LeonarddeR your suggestion is very interesting for me as well. I have discussed this in detail on the nvda community users list and also on the add-ons list. An example is in #7744 which however would depend on implementation of #7747.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I agree that if a feature like this would be developed, it is best distributed as an add-on. Therefore, I'm closing this one as won't fix for now. We could always reopen if there are valid reasons to do so.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants