Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

lag while arrowing in MS Word 2007 in NVDA as compared to JAWS #4692

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 14, 2014 · 4 comments
Closed

lag while arrowing in MS Word 2007 in NVDA as compared to JAWS #4692

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 14, 2014 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by bhavyashah on 2014-12-14 08:51
I think I started facing this issue only in version 2014.4
As compared to JAWS, NVDA is slower while arrowing in an MS Word document.
Restarting NVDA, even with add-ons disabled, doesn't make much of a difference.
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007.
Is anyone facing this?
I know I'm pretty vague, how can I be more detailed?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by zahari_bgr on 2014-12-14 09:24
Hi,
I think you should try to compare it to NVDA 2014.3, not the other screen reader.
I also think it depends of your document formatting settings, so take this in account too. Did you changed some of them?
Hope that helps.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by bhavyashah (in reply to comment 1) on 2014-12-14 15:25
Replying to zahari_bgr:

Hi,

I think you should try to compare it to NVDA 2014.3, not the other screen reader.

Agreed. I'll run a temporary copy of NVDA 2014.3 (I'll get it tomorrow), and compare. IN the meanwhile, do post if anyone else experiences this as well.

I also think it depends of your document formatting settings, so take this in account too. Did you changed some of them?

Hope that helps.

None that I can think of.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

There may still exist performance problems with Word, but this ticket is too vague and unclear, and as its original author, I am happy for this to be closed. @ehollig

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 19, 2017

This is a very vague and unclear issue. However, as requested by the original poster in #4692 (comment), closing

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants