Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

In power point, Nvda does not read current slide (only repeats the first slide) in the slide show view if nvda is running in Nepali locale. #4701

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 16, 2014 · 3 comments
Assignees
Labels
bug close/worksforme component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dhankuta on 2014-12-16 02:25
If NVDA is set to Nepali locale; In slide show view of power point; either moving to next or previous slides or pressing the down/up arrow key for paragraph reading, , , instead of reading the contents of the current slide, nvda repeately reads the first slide contents. Instantly, if the locale is switched to other language from general setting, it reads normally. Again if the locale is set to Nepali, the same problem of repeatetion of the last normally read slide begins instead to read the current slide contents. No matter what is the language of the contents of the slide. Nepali is written in Devanagari and in many cases texts written in Devanagari is taken as Hindi texts by default.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-12-16 02:56
This is a bug in the Nepali translation. This message:

Slide show - {slideName}

is missing the {slideName} interpolation.

Btw, there are five other similar errors in this translation. I posted a message to nvda-translations including information about this a few weeks ago.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by dhankuta on 2014-12-16 07:17
hi,
Many thanks. I have not thought in this line. It worked now.

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added bug component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation labels Nov 10, 2015
@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 20, 2017

Closing, as it sounds like this issue has been resolved from #4701 (comment)

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
bug close/worksforme component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants