Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Ms Word: Less verbosity when reading editor revisions by character or word #4717

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 20, 2014 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by jteh on 2014-12-20 01:27
At present, the author and date of a revision is reported when moving by character or word. It's important to be able to access this information, but I think it should be on demand (e.g. via NVDA+f). The way it is currently done makes proofreading/examining revisions painful.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

CC @jcsteh @michaelDCurran

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 17, 2017

@michaelDCurran, thoughts? I'm inclined to give this a p2, since the current state of things makes editor revisions far less useful, but I'm biased since I reported the issue. :)

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

what about beeps for delete, insert, ...

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

with nvda+f marking them

@michaelDCurran
Copy link

In MS Word at least, these are exposed in the Elements list. Perhaps we can just remove the extra info from character/word all together as it can be already viewed another way? We should still keep the shorter messages for line/word/character though.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Adriani90 commented Jan 11, 2019

I really like The idea with tones. This would really increase efficiency. Maybe like an optional feature because it could be confusing for beginners. I am working every day with such documents and it costs me lot of time and patience to complete a 300 page contract with really complicated statements and additional verbosity.

If you agree, then this is maybe blocked by #4877 and may a use case for the referenced pull request.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants