Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

issues in Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter utility #4732

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 21, 2014 · 6 comments
Closed

issues in Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter utility #4732

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 21, 2014 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by bhavyashah on 2014-12-21 08:16
I may not be able to provide information about expected and actual results, but they will be pretty obvious when you encounter them.
Simply open the Disk Defragmenter utility in Windows 7 (thats the OS I'm using, this issue may occur with other versions of Windows as well).
Tab around and press up and down arrow, and you'll understand whats strange.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-12-21 23:09
Please at least try to report actual results. Aside from the fact that we need to be certain of the behaviour you are reporting, we do not have time to test such issues before we can even prioritise them.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by bhavyashah on 2014-12-22 16:27
Ok, I'll try.
One issue is that is:
STR
Go to the Current Status list by Tab.
Press down arrow in the box, and your focus will move to the CLose button. Weird because, there is the Analyze & Defragment Disk buttons before the Close button.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 20, 2017

@bhavyashah, do you still have a Windows 7 machine to test this on or could you clarify exactly what is the issue addressed in this ticket? If not, @Brian1Gaff, could you test this?

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Aug 21, 2017 via email

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@ehollig Unfortunately, I do not have a Windows 7 machine to test this on myself. Thank you @Brian1Gaff for chiming in with your testing results. To clarify, no such issue seems to be present at least while analysing drives for fragmentation using the built in disk defragmentation utility on Windows 8.1. I cannot speak for Windows 10. @feerrenrut Do you think the information reported in #4732 (comment) is sufficient to understand and evaluate this ticket?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 16, 2018

No issue seems to be present using the built in disk defragmentation utility on Windows 10. As it sounds from #4732 (comment), there does not appear to be an issue with Windows 7 either. Please reopen if I misunderstood. Closing

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Aug 16, 2018
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants