Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

hot key to move system focus to Skype's edit area #4748

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 24, 2014 · 6 comments
Closed

hot key to move system focus to Skype's edit area #4748

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 24, 2014 · 6 comments
Labels
app/skype Skype for desktop or Skype for business (linc) close/worksforme enhancement

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by mohammed on 2014-12-24 15:05
Hi.

after the recent improvements to Skype I would like to request an enhancement that I think is necessary: a hot key that moves the system focus to the edit area "type a message here" in Skype's chat. the reason is that many times you find yourself far from that place either because Skype jumps you to another place suddenly, (the ad area for example, or because you were doing something. in either case it will often take too many tabs to move there. #3210 already takes care of moving and reviewing chat history.

thanks.
Blocking #5134

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by mohammed on 2015-01-23 07:49
hi.

this "ad widget" is rather annoying. can we suppress NVDA from focusing it? although my understanding is that Jamie does not disagree with the idea of adding a hot key to focus the edit area.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by k_kolev1985 on 2015-04-26 20:57
Is this considered for implementation by Mick or Jamie? I'm asking, because I was asked for such a hotkey from our bulgarian NVDA users of Skype. And recently this advertisement widget has become even more annoying - it takes even more presses of Shift+TAB to get out of it and move to the chat entry edit field.

Thanks much in advance!

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@k-kolev1985 I guess Skype has changed significantly in the last years. I am not a regular skype user. But is the behavior related in this issue now acceptable?

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Jan 11, 2019 via email

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

@Adriani90 Yes, Skype 8 is significantly different than Skype 7 and earlier. In Skype 8 and Skype for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store, there is a built-in keyboard command to focus the chat entry edit field - it is Alt+Shift+E. So, I think we can close this as "works for me" (or something like that).

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

closing as works for me

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
app/skype Skype for desktop or Skype for business (linc) close/worksforme enhancement
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants