Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

error when outlook 2010 is starting #4749

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 25, 2014 · 6 comments
Closed

error when outlook 2010 is starting #4749

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 25, 2014 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by mohammed on 2014-12-25 07:27
NVDA: next-11418,187fad1

when outlook is starting, NVDA plays error sound and the following is found in the log:

DEBUGWARNING - RPC process 5792 (nvda_slave.exe) (10:15:45):
Python warning:
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVDA\library.zip\configobj.py:28: DeprecationWarning: The compiler package is deprecated and removed in Python 3.x.
ERROR - RPC process 5792 (nvda_slave.exe) (10:15:45):
main.main:
slave error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "nvda_slave.pyw", line 90, in main
File "comHelper.pyc", line 22, in lresultFromGetActiveObject
File "comtypes\client__init
_.pyc", line 180, in GetActiveObject
File "comtypes__init__.pyc", line 1165, in GetActiveObject
File "_ctypes/callproc.c", line 945, in GetResult
WindowsError: -2147221021 Operation unavailable

possibly a regression caused by #2975?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mdcurran on 2014-12-25 09:14
Does this error actually affect things? I don't think this can be related to #2975. Is it possible it happens all the time but normally you run releases which don't play the error sound? This souldn't happen, but on some systems Outlook's object model is unavailable as it starts. Does this continue to happen when you alt+tab away and back again?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by mohammed on 2014-12-25 09:59
yes Michael.

you're right, I don't normally run Master or next frequently on this machine. and you're also right, it doesn't effect anything in as far as I can see, only the status bar can't be read unless I alt tab.

thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2015-01-08 08:11
You forgot the other question asked in comment:1:

Does this continue to happen when you alt+tab away and back again?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by mohammed (in reply to comment 3) on 2015-01-08 11:10
Replying to jteh:

You forgot the other question asked in comment:1:

Does this continue to happen when you alt+tab away and back again?

no it doesn't continue to happen. actually it may fix itself with a little of patience.

very trivial, but I thought I'd report just in case it has implications. so feel free to mark as trivial or even close the ticket altogether.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

According to the original author's #4749 (comment), the reported error has no user-facing implications whatsoever, unless Outlook status bar reading being possible only after an Alt+Tab back and forth is considered related behaviour. As noted subsequently in #4749 (comment), this error ceases after an Alt+Tab back and forth, may fix itself in some time (indicating that this error is not consistently reproducible), User mohammed concludes by suggesting the priority Trivial (now P4) or closing this ticket altogether. Since this ticket is over two years old and we seem to have receivved this report of an NVDA error during Outlook 2010 startup exclusively, I find it likely that this issue may not even transpire anymore. Unfortunately however, I do not use Outlook at all, making me unable to contribute any substantial testing feedback.

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

Closing this issue, if anyone can reproduce this issue please comment and we will investigate further.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants