Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

nvda does not read virus warning slideup alerts of avira antivirus #4768

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 2, 2015 · 5 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by enes on 2015-01-02 15:38
hi,
since version 10 of avira antivirus, the virus warning was changed from a dialogue box into a slideup desktop alert. This alert is totally inaccessible with nvda. However, when a sighted person hovers over the alert with a mouse, nvda reads the controls of the alert. Note that I have reported this to avira numerous times. I also told them how the issue could be fixed on their end.
see
https://answers.avira.com/en/question/accessibility-issues-with-avira-28692

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by bhavyashah on 2015-01-09 21:06
Based on what I have understood of the description, I think I can confirm the occurence of this issue.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@bhavyashah: As we most likely can't contact the author of this issue, would you be able to give a status update?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@LeonarddeR Unfortunately, I do not use Avira anymore. Hence, I will be unable to provide a status update on this issue. However, if there are a bunch of Avira specific issues on the tracker (most of which would probably have been filed by me), I could probably seek assistance from an existing Avira user in testing these by asking on the NVDA Users e-group.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Adriani90 commented Jan 11, 2019

@enes are you still having this issue?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

We do not have any updates from Avira users since more than three years. I am closing this for now, given the fact that the interface changed significantly in the last years. If you still have problems with the last version, please comment and we can reopen the discussion. Thanks.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants