Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Enable Liblouis tables for Indian languages #4778

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 6, 2015 · 11 comments
Closed

Enable Liblouis tables for Indian languages #4778

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 6, 2015 · 11 comments
Assignees
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dineshkaushal on 2015-01-06 12:01
A few liblouis tables for indian languages were added in liblouis 2.6. We need to enable these tables.

As-in-g1.utb Assamese
Be-in-g1.utbbengali
Gu-in-g1.utb gujarati
Hi-in-g1.utb hindi
Ka-in-g1.utb kannada
Ks-in-g1.utb Kashmiri
ml-in/g1.utb Malayalam
mn-in-g1.utb Manipuri
mr-in-g1.utb Marathi
np-in-g1.utb Nepali
or-in-g1.utb oriya
pu-in-g1.utb Punjabi
sa-in-g1.utb Sanskrit
ta-ta-g1.ctb Tamil
te-in-g1.utb Telegu

Blocking #2738

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment t4778.patch added by dineshkaushal on 2015-01-06 12:28
Description:
patch with braille.py

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2015-01-27 00:15
Thanks for the patch. Two comments:

1. There is quite a lot of incorrect indentation in this patch, including changes to indentation of existing lines; e.g. no tab at start of lines or extra tabs/spaces at the start of lines. Note that you can catch these simple errors if you review the actual patch yourself before submitting. If nothing else, it allows you to make sure you're only touching lines you intended to touch. I certainly find this useful myself.
  2. You've marked all of these tables as supporting input. As documented in the NVDA User Guide, NVDA can only handle computer braille input at present; i.e. one to one mapping between braille cells and characters. Given that these tables are marked as grade 1, I'm guessing they aren't a one to one mapping. Are you certain these work with computer braille input? If they haven't been tested in this way, I suggest you set this to False for all of these tables for now.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by dineshkaushal on 2015-01-30 15:28
Removed input option for the files added.

We will work on testing these files for input, but untill then we want these files to be available in the next build.

Please get the changes from the branch in_t4778. I think my pathch was not correct.

https://manish_agrawal@bitbucket.org/manish_agrawal/nvda.git

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2015-01-31 04:37
I'm not willing to merge this into next until input has received some initial testing. Next is fine for catching bugs, but we generally avoid merging into next before more obvious issues have been tested. I'm happy to provide you with a link to a try build for distribution to your specific testers, though.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2015-01-31 04:39
Ug. My apologies; I misunderstood your comment and now realise you meant you'd removed the input option from your current branch. I'll review this as soon as I can and get it merged into next. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2015-02-12 07:27
In [29fdc71]:

Merge branch 't4778' into next

Incubates #4778.

Changes:
Added labels: incubating

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2015-02-12 07:29
Thanks!

The spacing in this patch was still very messed up. All of the newly added translator comment lines had incorrect spacing, but they were inconsistent. I fixed this myself for this one (since I don't want to go backwards and forwards checking it), but please review your diffs in future to check for this. You may need to check your indentation settings; it looks like your editor might be trying to use spaces instead of tabs. You might also find it helpful to enable NVDA's indentation reporting if you haven't already.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by dkager on 2015-03-20 21:01
Does this also resolve #2738? (I'm investigating open bugs for the Braille component to possibly contribute in this area, which is why I noticed.)

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by dhankuta on 2015-03-21 01:03
Hi, though not a braille user myself, I have prepared the conversion table of Nepali and send to MHameed. Since two or three entries differ in Indian and Nepali conversion; I do not know what Mr. Dinesh has done.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2015-03-26 05:27
In [80285ae]:

New braille translation tables for several Indian languages.

Fixes #4778.

Changes:
Removed labels: incubating
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 12 by jteh on 2015-03-26 05:28
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2015.2

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants