Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Allow say all to read all items in lists #4789

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 10, 2015 · 5 comments
Open

Allow say all to read all items in lists #4789

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 10, 2015 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by bhavyashah on 2015-01-10 21:09
In Skype Chat Content List list box, NVDA should be able to perform 'say all'.
Though practical testing would help make a better decision, I feel that a short pause should be given after each message in 'Say All' in Skype.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2015-01-11 01:35
Say all is only intended to work in documents. The Skype chat list is not a document (and there's no way to pretend it is), so this can't work.

This would need to be a more general request to allow say all to read lists, but that is problematic because not all lists are vertical, it may not be possible to move focus programmatically, etc.
Changes:
Changed title from "allow say all in Skype" to "Allow say all to read all items in lists"

@jcsteh jcsteh removed their assignment Sep 5, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

cc: @ABuffEr maybe a new feature for your add-on?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Actually after thinking more about this, at least in lists with multi selection, you can select all the items with ctrl+a and press nvda+shift+s to reports what's selected. NVDA+shift+s of course in laptop keyboard layout.
However, in a list where only one item can be selected this approach would not work.

@ABuffEr
Copy link
Contributor

ABuffEr commented May 2, 2020

Hi @Adriani90 ,
can you provide an example of this list type? Because I have implemented say all and selection report in ColumnsReview some time ago, and I'd like to test it in more situations.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I think I was refering to combo boxes for example which in fact are also kind of lists, but you can select only one item which can be reported.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants