Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

In Internet Explorer 11, NVDA can't activate links on a particular website #4796

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 13, 2015 · 6 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by k_kolev1985 on 2015-01-13 16:55
It was reported to me and I have confirmed it, that with Internet Explorer 11, NVDA can't activate links on the following bulgarian website:
http://www.varna.utre.bg
When the page is opened in Firefox (v34.0.5) or Google Chrome, there is no such issue - NVDA activates links just fine. This occurs with both the latest "next" snapshot of NVDA and with the v2014.4 stable release. When the page is opened in Internet Explorer 11 however, pressing Enter or spacebar or trying to activate links via NVDA+Enter with the object navigation, nothing happens - NVDA doesn't even play its error sound. Actually, NVDA's object navigation on this website acts kind of weird anyway. I guess it is a problem of the website itself, but why only in Internet Explorer and not in Firefox or Chrome?

Steps to reproduce it:

1. Launch Internet Explorer 11.
  2. Load the following website in it: http://www.varna.utre.bg.
  3. Try to activate a link on the page with Enter, spacebar or NVDA+Enter.

Actual results:
NVDA fails to activate any link on that website with Internet Explorer, but it activates them just fine in Firefox and Chrome.

Expected results:
NVDA should open those links in Internet Explorer as it does in Firefox and Chrome.

Note: JAWS doesn't have this issue even in Internet Explorer with that website, but I don't know why. I haven't tested with Narrator.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda_zahari-2015-01-14.log added by zahari_bgr on 2015-01-13 22:11
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by zahari_bgr on 2015-01-13 22:23
Hi,
same here and even worse.
I'm using the latest next snapshot, Windows 7 Home premium 32-bit and Internet Explorer 9.
Short after navigating the page, NVDA freezes, which makes it impossible to read the page.
I've attached a log file with a developer info of one of the links.
This doesn't happen in FireFox 34.
This doesn't happen on other pages I know in Internet Explorer.
Those links are normal links as far as I can tell, but there is a lot of javascript all over the page.
My guess is that this page floods NVDA with events, but I don't know why this is not happening with FireFox.

Edit: I forgot to mension that this also happens with add-ons disabled.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 27, 2017

I am able to activate the links on this page using IE 11 and performing the steps described in #4796 (comment). CC @LeonarddeR

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 22, 2017

@k_kolev1985, is this still an issue for you? Unlike my report in #4796 (comment), I am able to activate links on this page in IE11 using enter. If there are links that do not work for you, could you specify which ones?

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

I've done a quick test and now I can activate links on that website. Apparently there was a change either in NVDA or the website that made it possible. So, I think we can close this ticket.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 22, 2017

Thank you for the reply. Closing as worksforme

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants