Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Sapi4 icon won't go away from the synth menu #4799

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 14, 2015 · 1 comment
Closed

Sapi4 icon won't go away from the synth menu #4799

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 14, 2015 · 1 comment

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by mikebayus on 2015-01-14 04:54
I installed the free trial of Text Speaker from Desk Share version 3.2 and I discovered that it installed the runtime for at&t natural voices. I didn't like Text Speaker, so I uninstalled it, and uninstalled the at&t runtime package, but I found that I had a Sapi4 icon in my NVDA synth menu. it wasn't there yesterday, but today it is. How do I make it go away? I tried populating the list of voices with LH Truevoice, and found that I could load them. But when I uninstalled them, I still had the Sapi4 icon, and when I pressed O.K, I got the expected error message: "can not load synthesizer. I ran Regedit, but could find nothing in the regestry that sayd anything about NVDA Sapi4. How do I make it go away.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Seems like the sapi4 runtime didn't get cleaned up correctly. This is not a bug in NVDA, unless we should change the check method on the SynthDriver class. But since SAPI4 is very old anyway and it is not a live disrupting issue, closing as won't fix.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants