Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Avira free anti virus version 14.0.7.468: NVDA announces Unknown for a control a tab opened through the Extras submenu > Detections List > Help button > Ctrl + Tab once #4806

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 14, 2015 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by bhavyashah on 2015-01-14 13:20
Steps to reproduce
1 Download, install and open Avira free anti virus version 14.0.7.468.
2 Go to Extras submenu > Detections list > Help button.
3 Press Ctrl + Tab once to go the next tab.
4 Press tab once from the ‘Type in the keyword to find’ edit box.
Exppected Result : NVDA will announce something.
Actual Result : NVDA says ‘unknown’, and while pressing NVDA + TAB on the same control, NVDA again reports ‘unknown focused’.
I’ll stop commenting on Narrator’s behaviour, since its either that I am unable to use Narrator efficiently enough, or Narrator is too poor a screen reader worth mentioning/comparing with NVDA.Test Environment : Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
Avira free anti virus version 14.0.7.468
NVDA version 2014.4 stable
Update: While playing about a bit more, I discovered that you can reach the inaccessible ‘unknown’ control directly by going into the Help submenu > Overview.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@bhavyashah: Could you still reproduce this with Avira?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@LeonarddeR Unfortunately, I do not use Avira anymore. Hence, I will be unable to provide a status update on this issue. However, if there are a bunch of Avira specific issues on the tracker (most of which would probably have been filed by me), I could probably seek assistance from an existing Avira user in testing these by asking on the NVDA Users e-group.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Adriani90 commented Jan 11, 2019

As I said in issue, #4817 the interface has been changed significantly and the menu structure is totally different. Actually NVDA works in browse mode in Avira now. So I close this issue as invalid because of interface change. Please open a new one with current steps to reproduce. Thanks.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants