Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Avira free anti virus version 14.0.7.468: excessive verbosity by nVDA on going to Updates submenu > Start Update #4817

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 17, 2015 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by bhavyashah on 2015-01-17 13:36
Steps to reproduce
1 Download, install and open Avira free anti virus version 14.0.7.468.
2 Go to Updates submenu > Start Update and hit Enter.
3 the update begins.
Results

• On my system, Avira (according to the NVDA beeps for progress bar updates) seemed to have finished checking/downloading/installing updates in two seconds.
  • However, NVDA instead of interrupting speech to speak progress bar updates, announces excess information, reads the window and says other strange things.
  • It reads the update window's contents like time remaining and data transmitted, then in continuity speaks the progress bar percent (the progress bar has already reached and then 'Close [10', 'Cose [9', 'Close [8' and so on until it reaches 'Close [4'.
    All this verbosity is strange and confusing, sorry if I was unable to explain clearly enough.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by bhavyashah on 2015-01-18 10:47
Sorry, forgot to give an appropriate summary, modifying it accordingly now, sorry for the extra comment...
Changes:
Changed title from "Avira free anti virus version 14.0.7.468" to "Avira free anti virus version 14.0.7.468: excessive verbosity by nVDA on going to Updates submenu > Start Update"

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@bhavyashah: Could you provide a status update?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@LeonarddeR Unfortunately, I do not use Avira anymore. Hence, I will be unable to provide a status update on this issue. However, if there are a bunch of Avira specific issues on the tracker (most of which would probably have been filed by me), I could probably seek assistance from an existing Avira user in testing these by asking on the NVDA Users e-group.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Ok I have installed Avira for testing. The interface seems to have changed significantly since @bhavyashah reported this issue.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

We do not have other reports from users since many years. And I cannot reproduce this issue in NVDA 2019.1.1. Closing as works for me.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants