Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 23, 2015 · 6 comments
Closed

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 23, 2015 · 6 comments
Assignees
Labels
app/skype Skype for desktop or Skype for business (linc) enhancement
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by jteh on 2015-01-23 02:13
(Spun off ticket:4741#comment:3)

If a notification occurs while Skype is already displaying a previous notification, Skype combines the second into the first rather than displaying a separate notification. At present, we don't report anything when this occurs.

From what I've been able to determine, the second notification doesn't get a new HWND or accessible. I've been told this works with Doug Lee's Skype scripts, but from what I can see, Doug's code is doing more or less the same as ours. I asked Doug and he said:

I thought those secondary messages appeared in their own window, just at a different location so they stack up.

However, if this second window exists, I haven't seen it. Either I'm missing something or this has changed in Skype 7.

Anyway, I did discover that Skype fires a reorder event when this occurs, so we should be able to use that. Unfortunately, NVDA currently ignores reorder events, so we'll need to special case this in IAccessibleHandler.
Blocking #4849, #5405

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by nikosdemetriou on 2015-01-23 07:10
Hello.
This problem is more noticeable especially when somebody also connected facebook contacts with skype.
Facebook doesn't seam to show instandly when somebody is coming online or leaving. It appears if skype checks in specific time intervals, so it might show several notifications at once when people go online or ofline.
In this case nvda will speak only the first notification and not the others.
Over all I like the new skype support. You did a great job.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by k_kolev1985 on 2015-01-23 16:23
Hi again,

I was able to make Skype pop up more than 1 notification at once by choosing the "Offline" status from menu Skype -> Online status. Then at least 3 notifications popped up from the system tray. JAWS with Doug's scripts was able to read all 3 of them one after the other. NVDA however, read only one of them when they appeared.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2015-10-23 02:33
In commit 2d87abf:
Merge branch 't4841' into next

Incubates #4841.
Changes:
Added labels: incubating

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2015-10-23 02:33
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2015.4

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2015-11-05 01:19
In commit cf453a9:
Merge branch 't4841' into next: Fix reporting of the notification that appears when you click once on the Skype system tray icon.

Incubates #4841. Re #5405.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2015-11-09 00:05
In commit 153a852:
In Skype for Desktop, notifications which are displayed before a previous notification disappears are now reported. Also, notifications are now correctly reported in Skype 7.12 and later.

Fixes #4841, #5405.
Changes:
Removed labels: incubating
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added enhancement app/skype Skype for desktop or Skype for business (linc) labels Nov 10, 2015
@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2015.4 milestone Nov 10, 2015
jcsteh added a commit that referenced this issue Nov 23, 2015
…ious notification disappears are now reported. Also, notifications are now correctly reported in Skype 7.12 and later.

Fixes #4841, #5405.
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
app/skype Skype for desktop or Skype for business (linc) enhancement
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants