Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Virtual ribbon functionality in NVDA #4844

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 24, 2015 · 3 comments
Closed

Virtual ribbon functionality in NVDA #4844

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 24, 2015 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by supanut2000 on 2015-01-24 03:51
Hi, sorry if this has been created once already, but I can't find any tickets relating to this feature when searching for 'virtual ribbon'.
Is it possible that the virtual ribbon, similar to the one in Jaws, could be implemented in NVDA? With this feature, the ribbon controls would behave like it was a menubar control.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by leonarddr on 2015-01-26 06:54
The ribbon is perfectly accessible in NVDA. I think this functionality should be in an add-on whenever implemented.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by supanut2000 (in reply to comment 2) on 2015-01-26 09:28
Replying to leonarddr:

The ribbon is perfectly accessible in NVDA. I think this functionality should be in an add-on whenever implemented.

Oh yeah...an add-on for that functionality would be nice.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Apr 12, 2017

While the experience is different, it is quite possible to navigate ribbons using the keyboard. See #7061 (comment) for some tips. Also, doing this provides an entirely different user experience for screen reader users and such alternative interfaces are prone to break as changes are made in applications. As such, this is not something we are considering for implementation in NVDA. Closing.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants