Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Unable to hear the miss spelled word when spell-checking a email in Outlook 2013. #4848

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 26, 2015 · 11 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Brendon22 on 2015-01-26 11:34
Hi,

When trying to spell-check an email in Outlook 2013 after checking the spell-check email before sending option, Press ALT+S before sending, I am unable to hear the miss spelled word when using NVDA next snapshot Monday 26/1/2015. This is the error I get:

ERROR - eventHandler.executeEvent (21:08:21):
error executing event: gainFocus on <NVDAObjects.Dynamic_SpellCheckErrorFieldIAccessibleWordDocument_WwNWindowNVDAObject object at 0x04D02D90> with extra args of {}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 138, in executeEvent
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 151, in doPreGainFocus
File "api.pyc", line 107, in setFocusObject
File "baseObject.pyc", line 34, in get
File "baseObject.pyc", line 110, in getPropertyViaCache
File "NVDAObjects__init
_.pyc", line 469, in get_container
File "baseObject.pyc", line 34, in get
File "baseObject.pyc", line 110, in getPropertyViaCache
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible__init
.pyc", line 919, in get_parent
File "NVDAObjects__init
_.pyc", line 105, in call
TypeError: Cannot create a consistent method resolution
order (MRO) for bases UIA, EditableTextWithoutAutoSelectDetection, WordDocument_WwN
ERROR - eventHandler.executeEvent (21:08:25):
error executing event: gainFocus on <NVDAObjects.Dynamic_SpellCheckErrorFieldIAccessibleWordDocument_WwNWindowNVDAObject object at 0x0257CC90> with extra args of {}

Please look into this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2015-02-02 01:07
In [75462e7f53542ed19dcb1737e61baabcf958c372]:

Mark the _WwN window class as a bad window class for UIA. Only MSAA should be used. Allows access to the MS Outlook 2013 Spell check dialog's miss-spelt word control. Fixes #4848.

Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2015-02-02 01:15
In [9c8a558]:

Mark the _WwN window class as a bad window class for UIA. Only MSAA should be used. Allows access to the MS Outlook 2013 Spell check dialog's miss-spelt word control. Fixes #4848.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Brendon22 on 2015-02-02 03:43
Hello,
Thank you very much MIC. I will advise you if this issue has been resolved in the next snapshot.

Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by Brendon22 on 2015-02-07 12:14
Hello,

Yes, I can confirm that this issue has been fixed. Great work!

Thankyou.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by Brendon22 on 2015-04-19 11:04
Changes:
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by Brendon22 on 2015-04-19 11:11
Hello,

For some reason, this has been broken again!! I am using NVDA version next-11884. I think last Friday's snap, April 17, is when this broke again.

Here is the error I get:

ERROR - eventHandler.executeEvent (21:08:51):
error executing event: gainFocus on <NVDAObjects.Dynamic_SpellCheckErrorFieldIAccessibleWordDocument_WwNWindowNVDAObject object at 0x052107B0> with extra args of {}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 144, in executeEvent
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 92, in init
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 99, in next
File "C:\Users\Brendon\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\AudioThemes\globalPlugins\AudioThemes__init__.py", line 72, in event_gainFocus
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 99, in next
File "C:\Users\Brendon\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\easyTableNavigator\globalPlugins\easyTableNavigator.py", line 72, in event_gainFocus
File "C:\Users\Brendon\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\easyTableNavigator\globalPlugins\easyTableNavigator.py", line 60, in tableNavAvailable
KeyError: u'_WwN'
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.window.winword.Dynamic_SpellCheckErrorFieldIAccessibleWordDocument_WwNWindowNVDAObject._get_WinwordWindowObject (21:08:51):
Unable to get activePane.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by jteh on 2015-04-19 11:48
This is caused by the easyTableNavigator add-on; see the last few lines of the log.

Btw, for future reference, please don't reopen a bug that was fixed in a release that has already been made. Instead, please file a new bug. The reason is that the bug was indeed fixed in that release. The fact that it occurred again is a regression, but is essentially a new bug. Thanks!
Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by jteh on 2015-04-19 11:48
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2015.1

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by Brendon22 on 2015-04-19 12:03
Hello,

Thanks for that!! Yes this was the issue and I understand. Please can you report this to the NVDA Add-on developer? Or do I need to do this? How do I do this?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by nvdakor (in reply to comment 8) on 2015-04-19 15:09
Replying to jteh:

This is caused by the easyTableNavigator add-on; see the last few lines of the log.

Oops, I'll come up with a fix for it. As Jamie said, please try it with and without the add-on loaded, and if it is indeed an add-on causing this behavior, please report on the add-ons list. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 12 by Brendon22 on 2015-04-19 23:00
Hello,

Thank you for that, yes, it was the Ad-on that was causing this issue, I will try the new update of this add-on and I will report back!! Thank you so much.

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2015.1 milestone Nov 10, 2015
michaelDCurran added a commit that referenced this issue Nov 23, 2015
…hould be used. Allows access to the MS Outlook 2013 Spell check dialog's miss-spelt word control. Fixes #4848.
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants