Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

nvda reporting empty skype alert notifications #4871

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 2, 2015 · 9 comments
Closed

nvda reporting empty skype alert notifications #4871

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 2, 2015 · 9 comments
Assignees
Labels
app/skype Skype for desktop or Skype for business (linc) bug close/duplicate

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by JamaicanUser on 2015-02-02 02:55
As I am not an expert user, I cannot provide a log. But sometimes, NVDA reports empty skype alerts whenn notifying. Enable all aspects of Skype notifications and try it out in the snapshots. It says "alert".
Blocked by #5405

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Brendon22 on 2015-02-02 03:38
Hello,

Yes, this is correct. This is an issue that does need to be resolved with the latest snapshot.

Thanks.

Brendon22

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2015-02-02 05:05
I've never seen this, so if you can provide details that might give some clue as to what makes this happen (or at least what makes it happen more often), that would be good.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by Brendon22 on 2015-02-02 22:10
Hello,

Well I checked all the checkboxes in the notifications settings in Skype After that I get these empty messages spoken out by NVDA. I think it is to do with the Facebook notification no error sound is heard.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by k_kolev1985 on 2015-03-20 15:43
Recently, I can reproduce this here even more often than not, but I can't make it happen on demand. I can't catch a pattern to it either. Sometimes I execute fullscreen applications (like games) and that seams to make it occur more often.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by JamaicanUser on 2015-04-23 03:24
it seems to be on the decline as the versions update, though.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by JamaicanUser on 2015-06-21 00:47
Seems to have gone away since Skype dropped support for Facebook. Therefore, closing as invalid.
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by Brendon22 (in reply to comment 1) on 2015-06-22 02:40
Hello,

I don't think this is the case?
Where was this stated?

they are removing the App version of Skype but I didn't here anything about Facebook removal? I have checked and in my latest version the options for Facebook are still there.

Replying to Brendon22:

Hello,

Yes, this is correct. This is an issue that does need to be resolved with the latest snapshot.

Thanks.

Brendon22

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by k_kolev1985 on 2015-09-09 19:31
In recent updates of Skype (7.10.0.101 as of 9th of September 2015), NVDA more often than not will say "Alert" when a Skype notification pops up, but will not speak the content of the notification. That even when the notification is a single one and not 2 or more combined (the last case NVDA can't handle at present). Can something be done about this?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by jteh on 2015-11-09 02:04
Probably the same underlying issue as #5405 (now fixed).
Changes:
Removed labels: invalid
Added labels: duplicate

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
app/skype Skype for desktop or Skype for business (linc) bug close/duplicate
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants