Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Ocr Addon: script NVDA+r doesn't have a __doc__ #4885

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 5, 2015 · 5 comments
Closed

Ocr Addon: script NVDA+r doesn't have a __doc__ #4885

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 5, 2015 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by driemer.riemer@... on 2015-02-05 06:00
The Ocr addon doesn't report anything in input help mode.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by JamaicanUser on 2015-04-23 03:26
Yep, it should at least have a script saying "Performs optical character recognition on the currently focused object for review" or something like that. It's quite easy, actually.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

A few thoughts:

• doc is something an average user might not immediately understand, particularly if he/she only reads the ticket title. Thus, an editing of this ticket title may be needed.
  • The Input Gestures dialog contains an entry about the Windows 10 OCR binding NVDA+R, although I have a Windows 8.1 system and thus NVDA+R employs the OCR add-on and its Tessarac engine as opposed to Microsoft's Windows 10 OCR functionality. While this sounds slightly counter-intuitive, I reckon this is an entirely different issue. However, am I correct in assuming that the OCR add-on's NVDA+R keyboard shortcut cannot be reassigned while Windows 10 OCR's can, and OCR add-on's NVDA+R has no Input Help message while Windows 10 OCR's does have the same?
  • Regardless of whether or not Windows 10 OCR's NVDA+R has an Input Help message when NVDA runs on Windows 10 or not at present, one consideration that needs to be taken into account is differentiating this Input Help message for users of a Windows 10 version equipped with Windows 10 OCR and those on older Windows versions. In fact, I would like to kindly suggest extending this differentiation to the Input Gestures dialog as well. Still, if these issues require a separate ticket (although they are somewhat related or interdependent as it seems to me), let us discuss this here in brief.
    CC @jcsteh (OCR add-on author), @josephsl (Windows 10 expert) and others

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented Aug 29, 2017 via email

@jcsteh jcsteh removed their assignment Sep 5, 2017
@lukaszgo1
Copy link
Contributor

As of lukaszgo1/nvda-ocr@4eb5b0a the script in question has appropriate message in input help mode, and it looks like that gesture used for Windows 10 OCR also has one. @josephsl Unless I am missing something I believe we can safely close this one.

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented Apr 18, 2020 via email

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

7 participants