Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Unable to use the enter key in 魔法物語 「ALTERNATIVE #4886

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 5, 2015 · 6 comments
Open

Unable to use the enter key in 魔法物語 「ALTERNATIVE #4886

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 5, 2015 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by tspivey on 2015-02-05 06:28
STR:

1. Install 魔法物語 「ALTERNATIVE from:
    http://hirotaka2014.sakura.ne.jp/mh0406/game/al_t.htm
    To get correct characters, you'll need to either change the system locale to Japanese or use AppLocale. This isn't needed to trigger the bug, though.
  2. Launch play.exe.
  3. Press any key at the logo sound.
  4. When      魔法 appears, press enter. The default keyレスポンス in game設定.ini is set to 100,
    so you'll have to hold it down for a bit.

Expected:
it should beep, start playing music and bring up an edit box that says:
  それは、この世に託された希望…
 そして、誰もが持つ事を許された力…

Actual:

• Pressing, or holding down enter does nothing. However, using keypad enter works.
    In NVDA 2014.2, using regular enter works correctly. In 2014.3 and above, it doesn't.
  • Enter works once I get to the lists, but not in the text dialogs.
  • I've tried disabling Handle keys from other applications, but it makes no difference.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2015-02-05 07:07
NVDA now intercepts the enter key in order to read text that might be automatically inserted at the start of the new line. We then have to inject the enter key afterwards. If it's not responding to this, that means it's ignoring injected gestures. There's nothing we can do about this as far as the core is concerned.

You could write an app module which sets announceNewLineText to False for this application.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Sep 2, 2017

@tspivey, does the solution offered by @jcsteh in #4886 (comment) suffice for this issue?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Oct 22, 2018

This is just a friendly reminder for @tspivey, to respond to #4886 (comment)

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@tspivey are you still available?

@tspivey
Copy link
Collaborator

tspivey commented Jan 12, 2019

I wrote an addon to fix this.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

ok if you think tha many users could benefit out of your work maybe you can raise a pull request with it. Thank you.

Since you are the initial author of it, I let it to you if you want to close it or to solve it with a pr. Or someone else.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants