Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

rowgroup and colgroup scope attributes not recognized #4917

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 13, 2015 · 11 comments
Closed

rowgroup and colgroup scope attributes not recognized #4917

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 13, 2015 · 11 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by paulbohman on 2015-02-13 20:24
NVDA doesn't seem to recognize scope="colgroup" or scope="rowgroup" in data tables. See:

https://dequeuniversity.com/testsuite/tables/colgroup-rowgroup

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2015-02-13 21:26
What browser(s) were you testing this in? Please always include this info when reporting web issues. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by paulbohman on 2015-02-13 21:27
NVDA 2014.4
Firefox 35.0
Windows 8.1

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2015-02-13 21:30
Please also provide thorough details concerning steps to reproduce, what you expected and what happened instead. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by paulbohman on 2015-02-13 21:36
To reproduce: Go to the table using the T key, go into the table using down arrow, navigate through the cells with control + alt + arrow keys.

Expected result: You will hear the rowgroup header of "males" or "females" when you enter that colgroup by going across the table using cointrol + alt + right/left arrow. (or colgroup in the second table).

Actual result: In the first table (with rowgroup), I never hear "females" or "males" when navigating down the rows. In the second table (with colgroup) I don't hear "females" but I do hear "males," which is interesting, because that shows there is some inconsistency in the results. The code is correct for both the "males" and "females" colgroups, so the results should be consistent, but they're not.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by paulbohman on 2015-03-05 16:53
There are two test pages that I created for tables. One of them tests the headers + ID method (https://dequeuniversity.com/testsuite/tables/spanned-headers). The other tests the rowgroup and colgroup methods (https://dequeuniversity.com/testsuite/tables/colgroup-rowgroup). On both pages I have two tables: one with column groups and another with row groups. Both pages also include notes for NVDA and Firefox behavior, as well as notes for other browser and screen reader combinations. Surprisingly, there isn't a single combination that works perfectly.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2015-05-07 02:00
See MozillaBug:1141978 (fixed for Firefox 39).

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by paulbohman on 2015-05-07 02:35
Excellent!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by mdcurran on 2015-05-07 04:28
When you're able, please confirm that this bug has been fixed as far as Firefox is concerned. If there happens to be an issue with rowgroup / colgroup in other browsers, please file separate tickets.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by paulbohman on 2015-05-07 05:54
I don't have Firefox 39, but I did test in IE 10 and 11, and colgroup and rowgroup seem to read perfectly.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 27, 2017

This seems to read perfectly in Firefox 54. CC @jcsteh

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Comfirmed. Closing as works for me.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants