Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

add keyboard shortcuts for skype activities based on add-on #4921

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 14, 2015 · 4 comments
Closed

add keyboard shortcuts for skype activities based on add-on #4921

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 14, 2015 · 4 comments
Labels
app/skype Skype for desktop or Skype for business (linc) enhancement

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by JamaicanUser on 2015-02-14 18:26
I love the new Skype support that NVDA provides, but due to curiosity, I downloaded the Skype 7 add-on for NVDA from this link:
http://jeff.tdrealms.com/Add-Ons/Skype7.nvda-addon
It works great, but I don't particularly like it. For one, I've gotten so used to NVDA+Ctrl+1 to 0 for recent messages, I can't go back, and the add-on won't let me. Also, Alt+1 and 2 are skype keyboard shortcuts, but the add-on uses them up. The only features I like are:

1. Control+4 to move to the edit field for typing messages. This is quite useful.
  2. Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab: This moves between chat windows. and if you are in the main window, moves to first and last window.
  3. Ctrl+L: Lists chat windows, and says only one is up if that is so.
  4. Ctrl+k: Reports mic status.
  5. Control+T: Announces user sstatus if available.
  6. F7/F9: Brings up an elements listt type of dialog with recent links and e-mail addresses.
  7. F5: Shows callers in a confrence.
  8. Control+NVDA+Escape: Although this is useful, I don't like the implimentation. Instead, NVDA should provide nvda+control+shift+1 to 0 for alerts.
    I also like the layer command that Closes all chat windows and moves to the main window.
    This add-on is not properly translated. I would like it translated properly, with these commands in mind. Also, look at the add-on code and see how it can be incorporated in NVDA.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by nvdakor on 2015-02-14 18:50
Hi,
Recently, we had a discussion on the add-ons list regarding this particular add-on. The reviewers recommend that, due to potential security issues and since NVDA core supports Skype 7 (as of 2015.1), users should not use this add-on.
Let's keep it open in case add-on author decides to take care of some important issues raised about this add-on or if there are interesting things the core can borrow from this add-on.
To the author of the add-on: please contact NVDA add-ons team to see what we can do about some important concerns raised about your add-on and find a way to reduce duplication with NVDA core.
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added enhancement app/skype Skype for desktop or Skype for business (linc) labels Nov 10, 2015
@jcsteh jcsteh removed their assignment Sep 5, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

ok I think the skype support in NVDA is actually quite good. At least from my first more detailed tests. I don't know who was the author of the add-on but it seems that the review actions were not addressed yet. @JamaicanUser most skype users report quite positive opinions about last skype versions. Do you still have issues with last versions, Skype 8 and Skype UWP?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

did you try the shortcuts which come with skype itself? In the last versions there were major changes to this software.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Ok the author seems not to be available anymore, I tried to get his feedback on some other issues but without any success.
Feel free to comment on it if you have other suggestions and we can reopen it afterwards. Thanks.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
app/skype Skype for desktop or Skype for business (linc) enhancement
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants