Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

When typing in the search edit box on LinkedIn.com, NVDA speaks characters when typing echo is off and speaks double characters when typing echo is turned on. #4928

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 17, 2015 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dgoldfield on 2015-02-17 04:38
When you go to LinkedIn.com and type text in the first edit box which is used for searching, NVDA speaks the names of characters if typing echo is turned off, although it does not speak the spacebar. If you turn keyboard echo on, NVDA speaks the character twice. I am not able to duplicate this so far in other edit fields on other pages.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by dgoldfield on 2015-02-17 05:21
I just tried duplicating this with 2014.4 and I am still receiving the same problem where I receive double characters while typing in this edit field when typing echo is turned on. I apologize: at least it's not an issue in the latest release.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2015-02-17 05:53
At a guess (though I haven't investigated this yet), I'd say LinkedIn have (incorrectly) marked this field as a live region, so NVDA will speak all updates to the field. If I'm right, this is authoring error.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 3, 2017

I am not able to reproduce this in Firefox or Chrome, and if @jcsteh is right in #4928 (comment) that this is a live region, this is not an NVDA issue, but an authoring error. Closing

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants