Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Allow jumping past end of container elements in Word #4962

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 7, 2015 · 5 comments
Closed

Allow jumping past end of container elements in Word #4962

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 7, 2015 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Diego on 2015-03-07 18:02
Hello developers!
In ��browse �mode, you can jump tables, lists, frames using the comma key.
I would suggest that this can be implemented in the word.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Lists are unsupported in Word quick navigation, but support for them might be added in #7409 for Word 2016. As for tables, it would help if jumping out of it would work, indeed. CC @michaelDCurran

@LeonarddeR LeonarddeR changed the title jump elements using quick navigation in word Allow jumping past end of container elements in Word Jul 17, 2017
@bhavyashah
Copy link

@LeonarddeR In #4962 (comment), you refer to lists and tables. Since the ticket body also explicitly mentioned frames as a container to the start or end of which the original author of this ticket would like to jump, do you have any inputs on NVDA and Word's support for frames, similar to your analysis of lists and tables?
Actually, wait. I am already able to move to the start and end of a table using , and Shift+, in Word browse mode for a simple 2x2 table in Word 2010 and NVDA 2017.3 on a Windows 8.1 system. Is this ticket exclusive to later versions of Word, or am I missing something else?

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

yeah, worksforme
Wait, are you sure jump to list doesn't work?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

bhavyashah commented Oct 13, 2017 via email

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

navigation out of table works in MS Word just fine. It should also works for stuff like i.e. list of contents. But I think normally if you create a list by adding a bulet and pressing enter this is not a container list. You have to explicitely create a list of contents or something like that to have it as a container. Having aid that, this issue is a works for me. If you still have issues with this please comment on it and we can reopen it.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants