Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Cdex is not beeping in background or foreground progress bars #500

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 7 comments
Closed

Cdex is not beeping in background or foreground progress bars #500

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 7 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by scottbb on 2009-12-07 02:46
When using Cdex there is no beeping for the background progress bar.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2009-12-07 03:04
When you say background progress bar, I assume it's not in the foreground window. Do you have "Report background progress bars" enabled under NVDA menu -> Preferences -> Object presentation?
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2010.1 to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by scottbb on 2009-12-07 14:28
Yes the background progress bar beeps are on under Object Presentation.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2014-12-12 10:40
Well this is a very old ticket, but in fact at the current time in 2014.4, no progress bars bleep. It should in my opinion bleep and give percentages automatically in this application, but it wont. The percentage when interrogated just says zero percent all the time, but the time till finished etc does update if looked at using screen or other navigation methods.
I have always thought the progress bars were in fact non standard.
Is this still important to anyone?
It does make double 'bong' noise when its done, but unless you carefully navigate to the the time and hit keypad five as you go there is no other indication of progress as far as i can tell.

It is an old piece of software, though I still use it from time to time. XP has the same issues by the way, its not just a windows 7 thing. If there is a foreground progress bar, then as i say its not 'seen'.

Changes:
Changed title from "Cdex is not beeping in background" to "Cdex is not beeping in background or foreground progress bars"

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@Brian1Gaff: Assuming you were briang1 in the past, could you give a status update on this?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 22, 2017

@Brian1Gaff, just a friendly reminder to respond to @LeonarddeR in #500 (comment). If it is the case that there are no foreground progress bars, you may have to report this to the developers of Cdex

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Aug 23, 2017 via email

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 23, 2017

When I perform a search for Cdex, I am unable to find any issues aside from this one. If this is still an issue with the latest update of this software and it is an NVDA issue, please create a new issue. If the problem is not the fault of NVDA, please contact the developers of the software. Closing as requested

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Aug 23, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants