Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Issues using IE 11 with NVDA master-11139. #5003

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 26, 2015 · 10 comments
Closed

Issues using IE 11 with NVDA master-11139. #5003

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 26, 2015 · 10 comments
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. app/internet-explorer bug close/worksforme

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Brendon22 on 2015-03-26 20:18
When the IE Window is at it's size, the NVDA links list will not come up and tracking in edit fields does not work? But when it is Maximised this all works again?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2015-03-26 23:46
What do you mean by "it's size"? What version of IE? What do you mean by "tracking in edit fields does not work"? Please provide an exact URL and exact steps to reproduce.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Brendon22 on 2015-03-27 02:59
Hello,

The windows actual size. IE 11. When the window is it's actual size NVDA will not track in the field, will not read what is in the field and will not speak when typing into the field. But as soon as I have Maximised the window, it works fine again. I have tried to set IE to open the window as full size, but it doesn't work. This goes back to NVDA version 11.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2015-03-29 22:29
I might be able to understand not reading what is in the field, but I don't understand how could possibly not getting anything when you type into the field with speak typed characters enabled. Are you absolutely certain on that particular point? Also, are you certain this also occurs in the NVDA "next" branch as your ticket suggests?

I think we're going to need to see a log file with log level set to input/output.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Brendon22 on 2015-03-29 23:12
Hello,

No I am not quite sure on that, so we can take that out of the equation. But I do know it is based on next. NVDA will not read text in any edit field when the IE Window is not maximised but when it is maximised, it will work. Same thing happens with the links list, when the IE Window is maximised, pressing the keystroke once will open the links list, but when the IE Window is not maximised, you have to press it twice? This is running in the laptop layout mode!

I can’t be any more clearer than that!

Thank you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2015-03-30 00:15
I assume this is IE in desktop mode? For example, if you press alt, do you get a menu bar?

Regarding the Elements List, is this a portable or installed copy of NVDA? Portable copies do not have sufficient privileges to force themselves into the foreground, which means NVDA dialogs sometimes won't pop up when they should. Unfortunately, we can't work around this; it's security enforced by Windows.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by Brendon22 on 2015-03-30 00:20
Yes, IE 11 for Desktop and no this is a fully installed copy of NVDA installed.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by Brendon22 on 2015-06-20 09:19
Hello,
Over the last couple of months, I have been testing this issue and when I press NVDA Key+F7 when I load IE 11 Desktop.

Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't?
When it doesn't work, NVDA loses focus and NVDA doesn't work correctly until I close the website and reload IE 11.

I am using IE11, Windows 8.1 and NVDA, version master-11139,6177785

Please can this be looked into again?
Thank you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by Brendon22 on 2015-06-20 09:21
Changes:
Changed title from "When the IE Window is at it's size, the NVDA links list will not come up and tracking in edit fields does not work? But when it is Maximised this all works again?" to "Issues using IE 11 with NVDA master-11139."

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@bRendon22 are you still having this issue? I cannot reproduce it with NVDA 2018.4.1 in IE11.

@Adriani90 Adriani90 added Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. close/worksforme labels May 8, 2020
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

We don't have updates on this issue since years and I cannot reproduce. Closing as works for me and abandoned. Plese comment on this if you are still having this issue and we can reopen.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. app/internet-explorer bug close/worksforme
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants