Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

create option to set intervals for progress bar announcement #5031

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 12, 2015 · 5 comments
Open

create option to set intervals for progress bar announcement #5031

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 12, 2015 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by JamaicanUser on 2015-04-12 14:33
I am aware it is possible to change the default intervals for reporting progress bar updates ((speak = 10, beep = 1). However, could it be possible to configure the interval for reporting the updates? Previous versions of the user guide spoke to how to do this, along with the adjusting the tone. Is it possible to either have a setting to control this, or, in advanced topics in the user guide, give instructions to these activities?settings

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2015-04-12 16:30
I am not totally sure what you are asking for. Maybe its me. The nvda.ini file has these available settings.
[[progressBarUpdates]]
reportBackgroundProgressBars = False
progressBarOutputMode = both
speechPercentageInterval = 10
beepPercentageInterval = 1
beepMinHZ = 110

Or are you talking about something else entirely?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by JamaicanUser on 2015-04-12 23:53
Well, this is exactly what I'm talking about. These are not familiar to novice users, and these settings are not present in the new .ini files that come with NVDA. So I propose the user guide list these features.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by nvdakor on 2015-04-13 14:05
Hi,
Are there reasons for changing progress bar output intervals? Also, would you like to see just one option for speech or two for both speech and beeps?
Technical: For anyone interested in this, you should look at modifying object presentation dialog and test it against progress bars such as download progress in Firefox. Also, be careful to watch for out of bounds error (the maximum should be a small value, say 10; I propose values of 1 to 10).

@bhavyashah
Copy link

Wait, I am a bit confused about the scope of this ticket. Do we want to add a GUI option to allow users to customize the intervals for progress bar updates, or is this a documentation related enhancement for certain advanced tasks? Also, are we referring to time related intervals or percentage related intervals, and is our discussion around progress bar updates conveyed via speech, that indicated via beeps, or both? Clarifications appreciated. CC @josephsl

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

This is covered in #9206.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants