Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

When using Firefoxx pressing shift-enter to oepn a link in a new window does not always refresh the browse mode buffer when the window opens #5035

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 13, 2015 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dgoldfield on 2015-04-13 09:38
On some pages, when I press shift-enter to open a link in a new Firefox window, NVDA acts as though I'm still on the original page even though I am on the new page in the new window. Once I press the alt key twice to move focus away from and then back to the window NVDA acknowledges the new window.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment firefox open new window nvda.log added by dgoldfield on 2015-04-13 09:41
Description:
This log file starts with the main LinkedIn page open. I am pointing to the name of a contact and I press shift-enter to open the contact's page into a new window. Once I do this, NVDA still gives me the impression that I am on the main LinkedIn page until I press alt two times.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by dgoldfield on 2015-04-13 09:54
I can also confirm that this is happening with 2015.1 using Firefox 37.0.1. I've used this command quite often on LinkedIn and I don't remember it happening before this latest Firefox update.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

I am unable to replicate the reported issue using Firefox 55.0.3 stable and NVDA 2017.3, neither have I heard any recent reports describing such behaviour. Since we cannot contact the original author of this ticket and request a status update, and it is possible that a Firefox update may have resolved this problem, unless anyone can still confirm this issue, I suggest closing as worksforme. @ehollig

@ruifontes
Copy link
Contributor

Hi!
Still happens randomly.
Firefox 55.0.3, last NVDA Next and Windows 10 Creator up-to-date.
I will grab a new log, if necessary.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@ruifontes are you still able to reproduce it? I cannot reproduce it in Firefox 64.0.2.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I am closing this as works for me. @bhavyashah, @ruifontes please comment on it if you still have this issue. We will reopen it if you can reproduce it.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants