Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Add a new option to define whether NVDA should save the change to the current profile. #5067

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 29, 2015 · 6 comments
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. enhancement feature/configuration-profiles

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by vgjh2005 on 2015-04-29 16:47
Hi:
In my research, users like to create a new profile then make some change to be suitable for the profile's application. So that add this new option will let the profile system become more complete. Thanks!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2015-04-29 22:39
I don't follow your description. If you want to make a change suitable for that application, you'd want it to be saved to the profile. That happens already.

Making saving settings to profiles optional has been tried and discussed before. It ends up being far too confusing because settings end up getting saved to the global configuration when users expect them to be saved to the current profile.
Changes:
Added labels: wontfix
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by vgjh2005 on 2015-05-01 15:58
Hi:
In my research, most people like to create a profile for an application then make nessary settings then save the profiles. After that, they will not make change for them normally. But if we change some settings( for example change NVDA volume, speech speed etc) don't want to change for the specific application. My mean:
Add a option to check whether NVDA should save all change that is in the current application.
If I select no, Add a hotkey to save the change tothe current application that is triggle applications. It will be more extendable. Thanks!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by vgjh2005 on 2015-05-01 15:58
Changes:
Removed labels: wontfix
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by vgjh2005 on 2015-05-19 18:30
Hi:
Now, I am doing music making. I have switch with two different soundcard frequency. So I have to delete all profiles, because I don't know when I switch whitch soundcard is. It is very very trouble. I don't want to afraid of no voices. I cannot do anything. Please reconsider this ticket.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@vgjh2005 if I understand you correctly, you want a hotkey to switch between current profile and standard configuration? If you are using two sound cards and you have multiple profiles, you can also set a specific profile to be triggered manually instead of automatic. In that way you would always start with the standard configuration in your application and you can switch the profile manually.

Is my understanding correct?

@Adriani90 Adriani90 added the Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. label Aug 22, 2019
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

We do not have updates on this issue since more than 4 years and actually in NVDA 2019.2 there is now the possibility to define a key stroke to change between configuration profiles. I am closing this as abandoned since we lost contact to the initial author.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. enhancement feature/configuration-profiles
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants