Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

First character after the cursor is dropped for Unicode not in braille table #5077

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 5, 2015 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dkager on 2015-05-05 14:54
This issue occurs when the cursor moves onto Unicode characters that aren't defined in a braille table (#499, #537). Probably a liblouis bug.

To reproduce, use NVDA with the default braille table (en-us-comp8.ctb) and default braille settings. Open Notepad and enter the following line:
French uses the letter é a lot.

In braille this is rendered as:
French uses the letter '\x00e9' a lot.

The problem:

• If the cursor is to the left of the charcode everything looks fine.
  • If the cursor is on the charcode (i.e. on the first apostrophe) the character just after the charcode is removed.
  • If the cursor is to the right of the charcode everything looks fine again.

For example, if the cursor is on the charcode, the following space is removed:
French uses the letter '\x00e9'a lot.

This becomes a bigger problem when the charcode appears in the middle of a word.

Finally, while on this subject, has there been a final decision on whether or not to print an arbitrary indicator instead of the hex code? I'd prefer that, especially if it was a user setting.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by dkager on 2015-05-06 09:10
Just verified this also happens with other tables (nl-NL-g1.ctb) and also in NVDA 2015.1, so not to blame on liblouis 2.6.2.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2015-05-06 11:31
Do you have "Expand to computer braille for the word at the cursor" enabled? If so, try with it disabled. While it seems counter-intuitive that this should have any effect when using this table, I suspect it's a different code path, so that setting may well matter.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by dkager (in reply to comment 2) on 2015-05-06 12:16
Replying to jteh:

Do you have "Expand to computer braille for the word at the cursor" enabled? If so, try with it disabled. While it seems counter-intuitive that this should have any effect when using this table, I suspect it's a different code path, so that setting may well matter.

Correct: with this setting disabled the problem goes away. With it enabled, one character is eaten.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by dkager on 2015-05-09 15:32
Reported upstream.

@jcsteh jcsteh removed the Untriaged label Nov 13, 2015
dkager added a commit to dkager/liblouis that referenced this issue Mar 1, 2017
dkager added a commit to dkager/liblouis that referenced this issue Mar 1, 2017
dkager added a commit to dkager/liblouis that referenced this issue Mar 13, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@dkager the Liblouis issue seems fixed. Is this issue still present?
cc: @Andre9642

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I am closing this issue since we don't have any updates since years on this and the Liblouis issue seems solved. If you are having this issue still, please feel free to comment on this one and we can reopen. Thanks.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants