Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

add reporting toggle option for 'Math' that signifies mathematical content #5102

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 23, 2015 · 3 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by bhavyashah on 2015-05-23 10:00
I propose adding a toggle option in form of a check box in the Document FOrmatting Settings dialog of NVDA that enables or disables the reporting of 'Math' for mathematical content.
Ideally, I would keep this checked, as is the present behaviour, however, when I know that I am daling with a document containing only mathematical stuff, this announcement seems somewhat extraneous and unnecessary to me.
I am using NVDA's Math try build, Math Player Beta 2, and viewing mathematical documents in Microsoft Office Word 2007 with mathematics typed using Math Type.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2015-05-23 12:02
This has already been changed in master (MathPlayer support was merged into master a few weeks ago). There's no option, but NVDA no longer says "math" at all.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by bhavyashah on 2015-05-23 18:03
Hi,
That is good. I don't really require 'Math' at all either.
Sorry for the unnecessary ticket...

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by nishimotz on 2015-06-02 08:35
I have suggested the feature of 'disabling automatic reporting of formula' at #3680 comment 17.

I didn't make the separate ticket at the time, however, MathML object and Excel formula can be treated by the same option.

Because NVDA 2015.2 already has Element List feature for Microsoft Excel, it would be nice to have an option for disabling formula/math announcements.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant