Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

extra quick nav keystrokes #5112

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 28, 2015 · 2 comments
Closed

extra quick nav keystrokes #5112

nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 28, 2015 · 2 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by JamaicanUser on 2015-05-28 14:14
For some time, the quick navigation keystrokes in their current state have been unchanged, and new possibilities have not been explored. I propose the following:

1. A key to move to the next/previous clickable element, even if reporting clickable elements is turned off.
  2. A key to move to the next paragraph or block of text. I have seen this implemented in an add-on on the French add-ons web site, (NVDA extension global plugin), but the add-on is somewhat unusable as the translation is poor. This would prove useful for persons who just want to read non-link plain text.
  3. A keystroke to move to the next division/region. Again, the above mention add-on has a good implementation of this.
    Maybe these commands can be unbound by default? Trust me, this is of good use to a power user like myself.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh (in reply to comment description) on 2015-05-28 21:11
Replying to JamaicanUser:

1. A key to move to the next/previous clickable element, even if reporting clickable elements is turned off.

We could consider this one. However, it's worth noting that this would often not work as expected because often, a much higher container is made clickable and it handles clicks in elements inside it.

1. A key to move to the next paragraph or block of text.

This is already implemented: control+downArrow.

This would prove useful for persons who just want to read non-link plain text.

That's a different command again and is already implemented: the "n" key.

1. A keystroke to move to the next division/region.

If you're just talking about HTML div tags, they are internal implementation details and usually aren't useful for navigation. It'd also be very difficult to explain waht this actually does to a user. On some sites, they might be used for big blocks of content. On other sites, every single link in a navigation bar might be a div.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Nov 11, 2015

Clickable quick nav is covered by #124. The others are addressed or not feasible; see above.

@jcsteh jcsteh closed this as completed Nov 11, 2015
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants