Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Interaction with mathematics without having to install software #5122

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 29, 2015 · 3 comments
Closed

Interaction with mathematics without having to install software #5122

nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 29, 2015 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Diego on 2015-05-29 18:05
Hello developers!
At this time, NVDA need to install the math player 4 to get interact with mathematical content.
It would be possible to implement a form that NVDA does not have to install anything to use this feature?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh Could you please address this ticket? The requested enhancement does not sound possible to me.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 7, 2017

I am leaning towards a cantfix, but am uncertain on NVDA's current implementation with math as I do not use it myself.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 7, 2017

This isn't possible:

1. We can't ship MathPlayer with NVDA, as although it is free, it is still a commercial product and there would be licensing issues. Also, this would significantly increase the size of the NVDA download.
  2. At CSUN 2016, I and others did some prototyping of integrating Speech Rule Engine with NVDA. In future, we might be able to use this instead of MathPlayer. However, because this is written in JavaScript/node.js, we'd have to bundle a node.js runtime, which would unacceptably increase the size of the NVDA download. So, even then, this would be an NVDA add-on.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants