Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Gibberish every time I try to install NVDA #5281

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 11, 2015 · 13 comments
Closed

Gibberish every time I try to install NVDA #5281

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 11, 2015 · 13 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by iamjett27 on 2015-08-11 04:40
I'm trying to install NVDA 15.2 but I only get gibberish on the screen and can't figure out what I should click to be able to install. Even in newly downloaded installer from the website. And when i did manage to install it its the gibberish part got worst.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

nvaccessAuto commented Aug 11, 2015

Attachment Capture.PNG added by iamjett27 on 2015-08-11 04:40
Description:
capture

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by nvdakor on 2015-08-11 04:47
Hi,
Does this also happen when you open various NVDA dialogs such as various preferences dialogs, log viewer and so on? If so, this is going to take a while to fix, as we need sighted help to come up with a fix.
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by iamjett27 on 2015-08-11 05:13
Yes, it is the same for all menu and sub menu. thank you for your responses.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2015-08-11 05:20
What do you have your Windows language set to? At a guess, I'd say NVDA is detecting a different language on your system for some reason.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by iamjett27 on 2015-08-11 05:24
It is set as English and Region United States. If you need any more details please let me know.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by nvdakor on 2015-08-11 05:28
Hi,
Just to make sure: press Control+Insert+G and see which language is selected. If not Windows or English, please change to either of these two and restart NvDA when asked.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by iamjett27 on 2015-08-11 05:42
Ok noted with thanks. i'll update you if this works. :)

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by iamjett27 on 2015-08-15 23:46
Hi,
just to update you. i've tried what you have said and it is on English language. but it's very gibberish in all menus and sub-menus. I hope you can help me on this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by iamjett27 on 2015-08-15 23:48
Also just to add. I have even tried the NVDA 2015.1 installer. but still same..

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by nvdakor on 2015-08-15 23:51
Hi,
What about 2014.3 and 2014.4?
Thanks.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 11, 2017

Unfortunately, I do not believe anything else can be done about this issue without the attachment.
@feerrenrut, is there an attachment I am missing?

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

@ehollig, no it was not available on this github issue. Some issues were migrated from trac, and attachments did not come with them. I have now attached the file to the comment: #5281 (comment)

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

feerrenrut commented Jul 12, 2017

Indeed, in the attached image it looks like the UI for NVDA is in some other language. Is this issue still affecting anyone? I would be surprised if that were the case. I'm going to close the issue. If I'm wrong, please comment on the issue and we can look into it further.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants