Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

slowness or inability to navigate the window to save files or Word menu bar #5307

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 24, 2015 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by fernando.j.silva on 2015-08-24 16:09
Good afternoon dear.
Before any questions, I would like to apologize because I do not speak English. My native language is Portuguese.
I would like to report that I am experiencing extreme slowness while trying to navigate with the arrow keys or Tavern on the window to save files in Word. The same occurs when trying to use other windows to save files as in firefox.
There is also slow when attempting to open the menu bar within the word where sometimes the bar is not read by NVDA, or there is a very great slowness while trying to navigate by using Tavern bar or arrows.
Thank you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by fernando.j.silva on 2015-08-24 16:13
Description:
NVDA log presenting the slowness or inability to access the windows to save and menu bar

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2015-08-24 22:04
I see you are using Windows 10. Unfortunately, it seems Windows 10 dramatically decreases performance of some core accessibility components (specifically, UI Automation Core). We're doing some work at the moment to squeeze more performance out of NVDA's UI Automation code (#5293), but performance is still not going to be terrific without fixes from Microsoft.

Can you please check what Power Plan you are using under Control Panel -> Power Options? Setting this to high performance might help, but I'd first be interested to know what it was set to in the first place.

Related: #5229, #5255. We'll probably close some of these as duplicates eventually once we have more detail.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by fernando.j.silva on 2015-08-25 00:10
Hello, thank you for the feedback, we will wait anxiously microsoft make changes.
On top of this, you know say whether Microsoft has a channel for suggestions, or report problems, I believe that I could also help opening a comment with them.
I'm sure the improvements that you will implement will bring many benefits. As for the power plan that was set it was balanced, configured for maximum performance.
I will await doing more tests, because these problems do not occur when the computer is turned on, more usually after a few hours of use.
Even now I faced trouble navigating the control panel, after restarting the error ends, but after a short time of use performance will degrade again.
A person who encherga managed to work perfectly with the computer, even at times when NVDA has slowly.
Thank you for listening, I would put a hand to help me, interece have a lot to us to find solutions, NVDA use daily at home and at work, and he is a very important tool for my autonomy.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2015-08-26 08:24
I have to say that since this power plan issue was highlighted, even my windows 7 machine has been made faster on things like explorer windows when selecting files etc. The normal performance was set to 5 percent which was ridiculous. Setting it to 50 percent meant the sluggish issues with uia in Win 7 went away. I suppose on a slow machine though this sort of problem cannot be cured.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by fernando.j.silva on 2015-08-26 13:33
Good morning, thank you for returning.
I set up my machine for maximum energy performance, I changed the processor usage percentages to 100%.
There were no significant improvements.
My machine is an ultrabook, color i5 1.8 GHz, 4GB ran.
What I find strange is that it was with Windows 8.1 and working perfectly. Another issue is that for users who do not use performance screen readers is normal.
By using the jaws performance is also nice, but other screen readers as the narrator, window eyes are also with the performance much lower than expected.
Sorry talk other screen readers, It is that right now I'm using all the resources, this is a machine used to work, and I have to produsir all day, and I can not do without using it. For this I am auditioning with various screen readers and multiple configurations. What a little better performance was change the schedule of the processor to work the background services.
But the performance is still far below to work quietly.
Thank you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by mdcurran on 2015-10-22 00:20
Major performance improvements were made to UI Automation in Windows 10 update KB3093266 (cumulative update for September 30 2015). With all Windows updates installed, can you confirm if the issue is fixed, or improved for you?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by fernando.j.silva on 2015-10-22 15:05
Good afternoon dear.
Thank you for listening after carrying out the upgrade in windows, the performance issues with NVDA were solved.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by jteh on 2015-10-22 22:05
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant