Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA core stack freeze in Windows 10 when pressing Enter on The mycomputer desktop item #5376

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 20, 2015 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by janusz on 2015-09-20 12:24
Dear core developers,
I have found out, that When pressing Enter key, NVDA core stack freeze. There are issues, that NVDA do not have correct event feetback so Core want to pump module which detect data from UI automation, but UI automation isbusy and can not provide this kind of event. I think, that NVDA want The info too fast, which is causing error. In other words, Windows core components are slower than NVDA except. I attach crucial nvda.log part related to this problem. The question is, why thisproblem did not exist in earlyer version of windows. May be, that some event feet back algorithm work incorrectly in Windows 10.
I can deeply debug this issue, give me instructions please how to deeply debug more detail. C++ NVDA dlls are very probably enabled and compiled to provide debug info from their C++ code if error would becausedby those dlls.
Or should I had to debug by using other technique?
IAm ready to constructively help You by intensively debugging including using special external debugger, if it would help and if You know about some kind of debugger, which would help us.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

nvaccessAuto commented Sep 20, 2015

Attachment nvda core stack freeze.log added by janusz on 2015-09-20 12:26
Description:
crucial part of NVDA log related to NVDA stack core freeze and UI automation issue.
Update:
File added from Trac
nvda core stack freeze.log.txt

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2015-09-20 22:25
Very likely due to the major performance problems with UIA in Windows 10.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@Janusz are you still having this issue?

@fernando-jose-silva
Copy link

I was having this problem on windows 10 1809, however after some updates from windows I believe build 17763.2xx this problem has greatly decreased.
Previously I had this lock when opening this computer almost every time I opened this computer, however now I have this lock once a day and for days I do not even have it.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@fernando-jose-silva how is this now in Windows 10 1909 Update with NVDA 2020.1 RC1?

@fernando-jose-silva
Copy link

I no longer have this problem.
Thank you.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants