Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Some label text from the gui are not translated #5387

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 22, 2015 · 5 comments
Open

Some label text from the gui are not translated #5387

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 22, 2015 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by HungarianLaller on 2015-09-22 18:50
Some strings, that are on some labels are not translated yet.
These are:

• Elapsed time in NVDA Updater
  • Remaining time in NVDA updater
  • Please wait, while setup is loading. In the setup process, if the user press the ok button to update.
    These label text would be good to translate, because some users in Hungary, Slovakia, Germany, etc. do not understand english.
    Many thanks.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2015-09-22 23:37
The first two messages come from wxWidgets, so this needs to be addressed there. It looks like they were translated at one point but are now marked as fuzzy. See this page for information about updating wxWidgets translations. In your case, you'll want to grab hu.po and update it, rather than starting from scratch. Note that this won't make it into NVDA until a new release of wxPython is made.

The third message comes from NSIS. Apparently, this unfortunately can't be localised because the installer isn't fully loaded at that point. See this thread for details.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

This ticket relates not so much to NVDA's installer but the dialog presented during the downloading of an update (thus update check label maybe). Also, the apparent status of the three reported localization issues according to @jcsteh's #5387 (comment) are as follows:

• 1 and 2 - Jamie wrote "Note that this won't make it into NVDA until a new release of wxPython is made." This is under active work in Upgrade to wxPython 4.0.0 #7077. Therefore, we may want to tackle this ticket as part of our upgrade process to Python 3 and wxPython 4.
  • 3 - Jamie wrote "Apparently, this unfortunately can't be localised because the installer isn't fully loaded at that point." This thus sounds like a cantfix to me.

@jcsteh jcsteh removed their assignment Aug 25, 2017
@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Oct 13, 2018

Can anyone confirm now that with the upgrade to WXPython 4.0.3 that the labels for "Elapsed time in NVDA Updater" and "Remaining time in NVDA updater" are localized? I would tend to agree with @bhavyashah in #5387 (comment) that that the third item is a cantfix as described by @jcsteh in #5387 (comment)

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I think not everything is localized, I noticed this also during the installer process.
cc: @josephsl I think this is a WX Python issue. Right?

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented May 2, 2020

Hi,

It's a combination of wxPython and localization. Except for "plase wait", I think it is something we may need to either look into it ourselves or ask wxWidgets people to investigate, provided that they are indeed wxWidgets messages. If it turns out they are indded wxWidgets messages, then it should be closed as "needs external fix".

Thanks.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

7 participants