Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Word 2013 raises ExpatError on Reviewing Pane #5451

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 1, 2015 · 3 comments
Closed

Word 2013 raises ExpatError on Reviewing Pane #5451

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 1, 2015 · 3 comments
Assignees
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by nishimotz on 2015-11-01 13:36
Setup:

• Windows 8.1 32bit (Primary language: English)
  • Microsoft Word 2013 32bit (Japanese version + English language pack)
  • NVDA master-11513,7190109 portable

Procedures:

• Open Word 2013
  • Ctrl+N (open new Document1)
  • Alt+R G G (Review - Track Changes) make sure checked
  • Alt+R T P V (Reviewing Pane Vertical)
  • focus on Document1
  • press Enter (make new revisions)
  • press F6 to go to Revisions pane
  • press down arrow
  • NVDA says "blank" and error occurs as follows:
ERROR - XMLFormatting.XMLTextParser.parse (22:32:45):
XML: <control wdStoryType="0"><text _startOffset="26" _endOffset="27" page-number="1" line-prefix="<#>" wdRevisionType="1" wdLanguageId="1033" >
</text></control>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "XMLFormatting.pyc", line 60, in parse
ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1, column 94

Same error is observed on Windows 7 with Word 2010 as well.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by dkager on 2015-11-08 19:32
Quick guess after an equally quick grep:
Right after nvdaHelper/remote/winword.cpp:589 there should be some code to entify the problematic characters (less than, greater than, number sign, ampersand). Or maybe do that in Python. Could there be other invalid XML that needs to be caught?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2015-11-08 22:34
We already have a appendCharToXML function (in common/xml.h) which handles XML normalisation. Unfortunately, it takes a wstring, not a wostringstream, but there are several ways around that. I'd like to know why the line prefix is "<#>" at all, but the fix needs to happen regardless. :)
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2016.1

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Dec 8, 2015

Perhaps it's just me, but I think there is a lot of other brokenness in that Reviewing Pane. Lines don't seem to read properly; I just get single letters. In addition, once it's focused, I can't seem to f6 back to the document; every time the document gets focus, focus seems to bounce back to the Reviewing Pane. This focus bouncing doesn't seem to happen if I exit NVDA.

Due to all of this weirdness, I haven't noted this fix in the What's New, since users can't really use this pane anyway. However, we should investigate/fix this stuff separately at some point.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants