Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Reading entire documents #5535

Closed
alexstine opened this issue Nov 24, 2015 · 7 comments
Closed

Reading entire documents #5535

alexstine opened this issue Nov 24, 2015 · 7 comments

Comments

@alexstine
Copy link

Hello,
When reading a large document with the mouse, such as a php file or css file, where ever you put the mouse NVDA reads from the beginning. In the last update 2015.3, NVDA read from wherever you put your mouse.
The setting under Mouse Options Text Unit Resolution no matter what set to, the same behavior still happens.
The same behavior also occurs in the GitHub comment text field. If I put my mouse at the center of my comment, it starts from Hello, and reads on.
Thanks.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Nov 24, 2015 via email

@alexstine
Copy link
Author

I am using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox. It is set to Paragraph. However, no matter what I change it to, it still has the same effect.
That was the default option with the update and default when I reverted back to all settings default.

@alexstine
Copy link
Author

OK, so the mouse setting Text unit resolution does change something. It changes the effect of moving your cursor along published text, such as my comment above, what it doesn't change is text that is being typed in a text box. It does not change this for edited text in browse mode either.

@jcsteh jcsteh added this to the 2016.1 milestone Nov 24, 2015
@jcsteh jcsteh self-assigned this Nov 24, 2015
@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Nov 24, 2015

Reading the entire comment is expected behaviour if set to paragraph. It's certainly not expected behaviour if set to line or word.

Regression introduced by #1668.

@alexstine
Copy link
Author

Yes, agreed.

jcsteh added a commit that referenced this issue Nov 27, 2015
…s the appropriate line, word, etc. as expected instead of the entire content.

Fixes #5535.
jcsteh added a commit that referenced this issue Nov 27, 2015
…ng no longer stops at elements such as links within the word or line being read.

Re #5535, #2160.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Incubated in d8d5dcf.

jcsteh added a commit that referenced this issue Dec 16, 2015
…ng no longer stops at elements such as links within the word or line being read.

Re #5535, #2160.
@jcsteh jcsteh closed this as completed in 7c21f36 Dec 16, 2015
@alexstine
Copy link
Author

This is now fixed.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants