Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

mouse shape changes not announced in windows 10 #5595

Closed
JamaicanUser opened this issue Dec 7, 2015 · 2 comments
Closed

mouse shape changes not announced in windows 10 #5595

JamaicanUser opened this issue Dec 7, 2015 · 2 comments
Assignees
Milestone

Comments

@JamaicanUser
Copy link

Using Windows 10, 64 bit, The report mouse shape changes and enable mouse tracking options checked. NVDA is not announcing the shape change as the mouse pointer is moved. I don't know if this applies to any other variant of Windows, though.

@jcsteh jcsteh added this to the 2016.1 milestone Dec 8, 2015
@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Dec 8, 2015

Confirmed.

It looks like this broke in two phases:

1. Reduce spinning in NVDA core and watchdog #3801 (NVDA 2014.2): mouseHandler only reports the shape after it is pumped 10 times to avoid flooding. However, we no longer pump constantly, only on demand. This needs to be changed to a timer instead.
  2. problem using escape to exit spell check in Jarte in the 2015.3 rc1. I noticed this problem about two weeks ago in the test versions. #5302 (NVDA 2015.4): We seem to be missing most cursor shape changes. I'm pretty sure this is because these get blocked by eventHandler.shouldAcceptEvent. The fix is probably to allow events from the desktop window.

@jcsteh jcsteh self-assigned this Dec 9, 2015
jcsteh added a commit that referenced this issue Dec 9, 2015
* Cursor events end up firing on the desktop window, so shouldAcceptEvent had to be taught this.
* The previous code relied on counting core ticks, but now that core ticks are on-demand, this needed to be updated to use a timer.

Fixes #5595.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Incubated in ae3b586.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants