Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Annotations in browse mode on the web #5691

Closed
jcsteh opened this issue Jan 19, 2016 · 2 comments
Closed

Annotations in browse mode on the web #5691

jcsteh opened this issue Jan 19, 2016 · 2 comments
Assignees
Milestone

Comments

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jan 19, 2016

Pressing "a" or shift+a to navigate by annotation says "No next/previous annotation".

1. In Internet Explorer, this should search for ins/del tags.

2. In other browsers, it should report "Not supported in this document".

I think this can be generalised to all quick navigation types that aren't supported by specific VirtualBuffers. I think this can be done by having VirtualBuffer._iterNodesByType raise NotImplementedError instead of returning an empty iterator when a type is not supported.

On a related note, BrowseModeTreeInterceptor._iterNodesByType needs to document that it can raise NotImplementedError. It should probably also do this itself instead of returning an empty iterator.

Thoughts, @michaelDCurran?

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

This reminds me of the fact that browse mode in Word says 'not supported' when using e for edit boxes, while there are in fact documents with edit boxes in word.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Incubated in 777280a.

@jcsteh jcsteh added this to the 2016.2 milestone Feb 1, 2016
jcsteh pushed a commit that referenced this issue Feb 22, 2016
…ve to an element which isn't supported for the document, NVDA reports that this isn't supported rather than reporting that there is no element in that direction.

_iterNodesByType now always raises NotImplementedError when a type is not supported.
Re #5691.
@jcsteh jcsteh closed this as completed in 30f5bb6 Feb 22, 2016
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
None yet
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants