Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

UnicodeErrors when logging non-unicode strings containing non-ascii characters #581

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 28, 2010 · 8 comments
Assignees
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by plch.m on 2010-02-28 17:45
When the video starts, the error sound is played. It plays until the end of clip. Then error sound stops playing.
Here is the direct link:
http://fotbalzive.ct24.cz/article.asp?id=16205&play=1

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment video_log.txt added by plch.m on 2010-02-28 17:49
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-03-01 02:49
What video? Please provide the URL to a page which reproduces this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by plch.m (in reply to comment 1) on 2010-03-01 08:09
Replying to jteh:

What video? Please provide the URL to a page which reproduces this.

http://fotbalzive.ct24.cz/article.asp?id=16205&play=1

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2010-03-02 03:16
I can't reproduce this. However, these errors relate to logging and are hiding the real log message.

Can you please try with r3605? This should stop the errors, but I'd appreciate it if you could play this video again and then attach another log, as it should now log some useful info which will help us track down the source of these bad log messages.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by plch.m on 2010-03-02 12:09
Description:
Next log file from video playing.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by plch.m (in reply to comment 4) on 2010-03-02 12:22
Replying to jteh:

I can't reproduce this. However, these errors relate to logging and are hiding the real log message.

Can you please try with r3605? This should stop the errors, but I'd appreciate it if you could play this video again and then attach another log, as it should now log some useful info which will help us track down the source of these bad log messages.

Hi,
i tested it with R3606 and no problems found.
I can play the video without error sound.
This temporary fix is helpful for other applications, such as windows live mail, where the error sound plays when moving between message folders.
So thank you for this fix.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2010-03-03 02:45
The root cause is that _ctypes.!FormatError, which is used by COMError and ctypes.!WinError, fetches the message in ANSI instead of unicode. Grrrr! I'm improving on my fix in r3605 at present.
Changes:
Changed title from "Playing video on the web" to "UnicodeErrors when logging non-unicode strings containing non-ascii characters"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2010-03-03 02:52
Better fix in r3607.
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants