Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

not reading german date format properly #592

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 10, 2010 · 6 comments
Closed

not reading german date format properly #592

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 10, 2010 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Fritz on 2010-03-10 14:23
reads date and time information only if no leading zeros are used.

Examples:
Read properly:
7.3.2010 (= german date format for march 7, 2010)
and

Not good:
is read as (german equivalent of) "zero seven dot zero third two thousand and ten"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-03-10 14:26
First impression (without actually checking) is that this is caused by a builtin speech dictionary rule which is intended to ensure that preceding 0s are spoken. It does this by inserting a space.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Bernd on 2011-09-08 09:27
hmm, I think it is good how it is. If you don't to want hearing 0 before the date you could add an entry to your dictionarry.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by heikofolkerts on 2013-07-30 18:23
It seems also to depend on the sppech engine used.

While espeak reads the dates as described the SAPI 5 voice Steffi reads all examples correctly and thereby dropping the zeros. So I also agree that it is more a kind of wether one wants the leading zeors to be spoken than a general good and bad reading.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@bdorer: Might you be able to give a status update on this? Is it still occurring? As far as I understand from #592 (comment) , you don't consider it to be a bug

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@bdorer Could you please respond to #592 (comment)?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Oct 14, 2018

Unfortunately, we have not heard from @bdorer in over a year. I am going to close this issue, unless it is still occurring. This probably needs a fix in ESpeak, if it still is.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Oct 14, 2018
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants