Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Abillity to read Skype profiles #598

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 16, 2010 · 8 comments
Closed

Abillity to read Skype profiles #598

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 16, 2010 · 8 comments
Labels
app/skype Skype for desktop or Skype for business (linc) close/worksforme enhancement

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Bernd on 2010-03-16 07:38
None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-11-24 07:11
You can access this information using object navigation or flat review. However, it'd be good if this was read when the dialog opens.
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2011.1 to near-term

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by nvdakor on 2014-12-18 15:57
Hi,
Is this issue still happening four years later? If not, may we close it as fixed? Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by bdorer on 2014-12-28 22:22
no, their are bugs even with object navigation. With simple object navigation enabled you can't navigate from close button to the next objects but you can navigate backwards from the skype nameto the close button.
I hope it's understandable.

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added enhancement app/skype Skype for desktop or Skype for business (linc) labels Nov 10, 2015
@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the near-term milestone Nov 10, 2015
@jcsteh jcsteh removed this from the near-term milestone Jun 24, 2016
@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I can still reproduce #598 (comment) . I assume this is a bug in Skype's IAccessible implementation.

However, you can perfectly review the dialog with screen review. If we still consider this a bug, I think this isn't much more worth than a P4.

cc @bdorer

@jcsteh jcsteh removed their assignment Jun 22, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

This is still reproducible in Skype 8. In Skype UWP not all information is reported when navigating with tab and shift+tab. But you can easily access everything with object navigation.
@bdorer, @ruifontes do you have other thoughts on this?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Testing now on Skype 8 UWP 44.0.40 and Skype Electron 8.45.0.41 with NVDA 2019.1.1, everything can be accessed now with tab and shift+tab in a profile dialog.
@k-kolev1985 can you confirm?

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

Yes, now every information in the profile dialog for a Skype user is accessible and readable either via keyboard navigation or with object navigation.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Closing as works for me.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
app/skype Skype for desktop or Skype for business (linc) close/worksforme enhancement
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants