Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Different message buffers for each window in Miranda chat client #640

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 7, 2010 · 7 comments
Open

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by parham on 2010-05-07 09:55
When using Miranda, the messages from different windows are all put into the same buffer, which is accessed by insert+ctrl+1. For example, I am chatting with person A and person B, and I am focused on person A's chat window. Person B sends me a message. Now, if I press ctrl+insert+1, the message sent by person B is being read, not the last message from person A. Logically, when focused on a window, these hotkeys should read the last messages in the current window, not Miranda in total, unless they become system-wide hotkeys, in which case it would make sense.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by aleksey_s on 2010-05-07 20:10
This will be tricky to implement, thus leaving it until better times.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by Shaimaa on 2011-04-23 12:49
I also encountered the problem described above. Due to the inaccessibility of many chat programs nowadays like: Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, and In order to avoid right to left problems in the official MSN client, it would be great and useful for many nvda and chat program users if NVDA could be improved to work better with miranda.

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented Jul 18, 2017

I would say p3, because there is a workaround (skipping over messages from other windows) but it is not ideal. On the other hand, Miranda IM/NG isn't a core Windows app, so p2 seems overly eager.

@dkager dkager added the feature label Jul 18, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@parham, @shaimaa, @dkager can anyone test if this is still reproducible in the last Miranda verion? They seem to improve accessibility, maybe they have also considered this feature.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Could someone please give an update if this is still an issue in last miranda version? I cannot test it because in my network there is no one using Miranda and I cannot build a realistic test environment. Thanks.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I don't think there has been any progress on this.
Note that @codeofdusk has worked on Miranda support lately.

@codeofdusk
Copy link
Contributor

This (along with #1471 ) may be fixable using NVDAObjects.behaviors.LiveText on the read-only edit control/caching messages, but I haven't had much time to investigate this.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

Successfully merging a pull request may close this issue.

5 participants