Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Non english version of Adobe reader crashes as soon as reading document window dissapears #661

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 19, 2010 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by pvagner on 2010-05-19 18:16

STR

* Install non english version of Adobe reader 9.3. I'm using slovak version which can be downloaded from: http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.3/sk_SK/AdbeRdr930_sk_SK.exe and also I have looked up direct download link for the french version. Hope this crashes as well and may be easier for you to deal with. Here's the direct link to download french version: http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.3/fra/AdbeRdr930_fr_FR.exe
* open any accessible pdf document in the installed copy.

actual results

Ass soon as the document reading window dissapears Adobe reader crashes with the classic error windows dialog.

expected result

Acrobat reader should not crash and NVDA should render the content into the adobe virtual buffer.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Bernd on 2010-05-19 18:51
Here I'm using Adobe Reader 9.3.2 in german with the latest sourcecode. Just I opened a pdf file and read about 2 pages and closed adobe reader with no crasches.. Did it work with NVDA 2010.1 for you?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mdcurran on 2011-10-27 08:35
Does reader 10 crash in this way?

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Adobe Reader 9 is quite obsolete now. I've never experienced such issues with newer versions.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants